During your first weeks of becoming pregnant you may not look pregnant but you feel different! This is because your body is adjusting to the hormonal changes of pregnancy. These changes can trigger symptoms even in the very first weeks of pregnancy.
Below is a list of some of the changes you may find: –
- Fatigue (extreme tiredness)
- Tender and swollen breasts – your breasts are getting ready to nurse your baby
- Upset stomach with or without throwing up (morning sickness)
- Food cravings or distaste for certain foods
- Sharper sense of smell
- Mood swings – hormones and lack of sleep can contribute to a roller coaster of emotions
- Need the toilet more often this is because your uterus is growing—and that’s causing pressure on your bladder
- Headaches are caused generally from low blood sugar
- Break out of acne because your hormones are working overtime, causing your skin to produce more oil
Most miscarriages occur within the first trimester.